Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Becker: Beginnings and Endings

Kevin: It was so nice to come home from my first day of work to Holly. I couldn't wait to get down to planning our wedding. Holly couldn't believe that I wanted to be in on the planning.




When we take a break from the planning I love to play on the old pinball machine. I had forgotten how much fun it was.




In order to make my dream come true of becoming Head of Posiden I have also had to do a lot of studying. Thankfully I was able to get a job in Oceanography right away.




We decided that because it was winter we would have our wedding at the house and we redid a section of the Rec room and put up a false wall between the wedding area and the rest of the room for the service. Holly was so beautifull in her white dress, I couldn't stop grinning.




I should have known that by letting Holly feed me the first piece of wedding cake she would pull some kind of prank. She shoved the piece all over my face. Everyone was laughing. It was such a good day.




Mum didn't tell us that the day we chose for our wedding was the day she would become an elder, we all thought she was the same day as Dad.




Mum didn't need to worry that Dad wouldn't like her as an elder. He told her she was more beautiful that ever with her shinny white hair.




Whoa Dad that's a lot of candles do you think we should have the fire department standing by?




All our family and lots of friends gathered around as we welcomed my Dad into his elder years.




People always say that older men love their sweets, my dad has always loved his sweets. Now he can use his age a an excuse for that extra slice of cake.




Becker family parties are famous, their always roof raisers. If fun to get everyone up and dancing together.




At the end of the night it was just the six of us left dancing in the Rec room. There was something really nice about dancing with Holly while my parents and grandparents danced along side us.




I had noticed that Holly was sick a lot lately, I thought it was a flu bug till she told me she thought she was pregnant. I had never even thought it might be pregnancy even though we had been trying since we got married.




Holly is often waking in the middle of the night starving hungry, she thinks no one knows that she sneaks downstairs and scavenges for food. Everyone knows she does this so we make sure there is always some leftovers waiting for her.




Edward Becker was born on a Friday night, he has the Becker nose and my brown eyes and skin tone and Holly's brown hair.




My Mum and Amy would often sneak into the nursery to play with Edward when no one else was around. Edward loved the attention.




Holly told me she loved to watch me and my Dad play with Edward, the three generations in their underwear.




My favorite site was watching Toby with Edward, he would spend hours cuddling him and just staring at him. I guess that's what happens when you meet your great-grandchild.




Holly told me she thought she was pregnant again, she wasn't showing yet but all the signs where there. The nausea was bad for Holly at the beginning of her first pregnancy, no surprise it was the same again.




No one realized when Grim came for Amy except for Toby. They had always been such a close loving couple it didn't surprise any of us when Toby followed right after Amy. Thankfully they had med their first great grandchild and knew there was another one on the way.




To keep the family close we were able to arrange an area of the back yard to but the grave stones of my Grandparents. This gives us the chance to say a quick hello or have a conversation with them whenever we want.




Edward Becker
7 neat, 9 outgoing, 9 active, 9 playful, 1 grouchy
Zodiac: Aries

With the death of my grandparents we put of Edwards birthday party by a day and made it just a small family affair, just my brothers and their families came. Despite the somber mood we did manage to have a good time.




Thanks to my father and my wonderful wife things have been getting back to normal since the death of my Grandparents. Focusing on Edward and our unborn child has made things much easier. Edward is such an easy distraction, I thank my lucky stars every day for Edward and Holly. I can't wait to meet our second child.

No comments: